Subject: Re: bug#29465: 25.3; Confusing message for dired-do-shell-command substitution

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 10:07:20 +0100

Allen Li <[email-masked]> writes:

> I have included two patches.  The first is to fix the documentation
> string which I encountered while reading the code, the second is for
> my proposed solution of removing the confirmation message.

I think this would also solve Bug#28969 that I had reported some time
ago.  I wanted to try your patch but...

> diff --git a/lisp/dired-aux.el b/lisp/dired-aux.el
> index 57eb216231..15bb3173b7 100644
> --- a/lisp/dired-aux.el
> +++ b/lisp/dired-aux.el
> @@ -744,20 +744,10 @@ dired-do-shell-command
>                             (dired--star-or-qmark-p res str))
>                   (setq res (replace-match "" t t res 2)))
>                 (string-match regexp res))))
> -  (let* ((on-each (not (dired--star-or-qmark-p command "*" 'keep)))
> - (no-subst (not (dired--star-or-qmark-p command "?" 'keep)))

Here seems to be a problem with leading whitespace in the first line -
applying this patch fails for me.

Michael.