Subject: Re: [bug#29449] [PATCH] gnu: node: Update to 8.9.1.

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2017 14:24:05 -0500

On Sun, Nov 26, 2017 at 02:10:53PM -0500, Mike Gerwitz wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 26, 2017 at 18:41:47 +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> > The ‘check’ phase fails for me (on x86_64):
> [...]
> > Any ideas?  Could it be a non-deterministic issue?
> 
> I'm inclined to think so...I just re-ran that test in one of the build
> environments I still had in /tmp and it failed with the same error...!
> 
> I feel like this is a question that might have an easy answer, but: how
> do I force Guix to re-build the package?  I've tried `./pre-inst-env
> guix build --check' and `--rounds=2' and such but it keeps returning the
> current derivation without doing any actual work.

--check and --rounds are a bit confusing when the package in question is
grafted.

Basically, grafting is treated as its own derivation, so doing
`./pre-inst-env guix build --check node` just re-does the grafting
derivation, instead of rebuilding node.

Currently every package is grafted because we used a graft to fix a bug
in glibc.

So, try `./pre-inst-env guix build --no-grafts --check node`.