Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Make Xorg modules configurable, remove WindowMaker dependency

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2017 23:27:37 +0100

Hi,

The first patch here cleans up ‘xorg-configuration-file’ et al. such
that users can pass a list of modules to use (until now the list of
modules was hard-coded in ‘xorg-configuration-file’.)

The second one removes WindowMaker as the default fallback session.
Instead, the default is to look for a .desktop file at run time in the
user and system profiles.

The downside is that if no package provides a .dekstop file, then login
fails.  I think that’s acceptable though, because people expect to
specify a list of window managers in the ‘packages’ field anyway, as
show in the lightweight-desktop example.

Thoughts?

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (2):
  services: xorg: Allow users to specify a list of modules.
  services: xorg: Remove WindowMaker as a default fallback.

 doc/guix.texi         |  26 ++++--
 gnu/services/xorg.scm | 244 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------------
 2 files changed, 189 insertions(+), 81 deletions(-)

-- 
2.15.0