Subject: 26.0.90; C-M-backspace is undefined

From: Devon Sean McCullough <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2017 14:12:11 -0500

C-M-DEL and ESC C-DEL should both run the same command.

<C-M-backspace> is undefined

ESC <C-backspace> (translated from <escape> <C-backspace>) runs the
command backward-kill-sexp (found in global-map), which is an
interactive compiled Lisp function in ‘lisp.el’.
It is bound to ESC <C-backspace>, ESC <C-delete>.

		Peace
			--Devon

P.S. Perhaps a missing translation?

M-DEL (translated from <M-backspace>) runs the command
backward-kill-word (found in global-map), which is an interactive
compiled Lisp function in ‘simple.el’.
It is bound to <C-backspace>, M-DEL.

In GNU Emacs 26.0.90 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS appkit-1265.21 Version 10.9.5 (Build 13F1911))
 of 2017-10-11 built on builder10-9.local
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1404
Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list... [2 times]
backward-kill-sexp is on ESC <C-backspace>, ESC <C-delete>
Mark set
<C-M-backspace> is undefined
kill-region: Buffer is read-only: #<buffer *GNU Emacs*> [3 times]
Configured using:
 'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules'

Configured features:
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils thingatpt elec-pair
time-date tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 204735 11575)
 (symbols 48 20073 1)
 (miscs 40 74 193)
 (strings 32 28896 1236)
 (string-bytes 1 754349)
 (vectors 16 35060)
 (vector-slots 8 707316 10269)
 (floats 8 48 256)
 (intervals 56 230 0)
 (buffers 992 13))