Subject: Re: bug#29423: 27.0.50; ls-lisp does not handle -F switch properly

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2017 19:48:59 +0100

Drew Adams <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Drew,

> That's not what I see, in any Emacs release or in the
> 26.1 prerelease (MS Windows binary).  Perhaps what you
> see is a problem introduced after that prerelease or
> is platform-dependent?

I've just checked again my recipe with the Emacs 26 branch, started as
"emacs -Q". Reproduced. And I could reproduce it also with Emacs 25, as
provided by Ubuntu 17.10.

Maybe the difference is that I haven't said explicitly that you need
(require 'ls-lisp) prior my recipe. I thought it was obvious, due to the
subject of the bug report. Sorry.

> As the only char I see missing the property is the
> final /, I thought that's what you were asking about
> and reporting as a problem.

Use ls-lisp.

Best regards, Michael.