Subject: bug#29420: 26.0; doc of `list-packages'

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 01:43:04 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> > Thanks.  I decided to add a new section to not make the "Package Menu"
> > node too cluttered.  What do you think?
>
> It should rather be a subsection of "Package Menu", since that's where
> you talk about 'status', and it should follow "Package Menu".
> Otherwise, in the printed manual, the text which starts "Package
> Status" will come out of the blue, with nothing to connect it to the
> previous or the next section.

OK, fixed.  I also added a new subsection "Package Menu Commands" to
make the hierarchy clearer.

> > +or @samp{built-in} (included in Emacs by default).  For more
> > +details, @xref{Package Status}.
>
> @xref produces a capitalize "See", so it is inappropriate in the
> middle of a sentence.  You want "see @ref" here.

Fixed; I changed the reference to use @ref and @anchor (since it's now
a subsection).  Please me know if that's not the preferred way to do
it.

> Maybe the table should be organized in alphabetical order?  Not sure.

I was also conflicted, but in the end decided to go with alphabetical
rather than the somewhat arbitrary sorting in order of importance that
I had before.  If nothing else, no one can now claim that the sorting
is incorrect...

> Thanks, looks fine with these nits fixed.

Thanks for the review.  I intend to commit the attached updated patch
in a couple of days.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas