Subject: Re: bug#2941: rmail's new handling of Babyl files is odd

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 14:29:19 -0400

Richard M Stallman wrote:

>     C-u M-x rmail RET foo RET
>     d
>     s
>
>     is one command that prompts twice (with the patch you proposed).
>
> Yes, prompting twice is the specific purpose of that patch.

Let's forget about this "prompt twice" issue.

My point is, Rmail should not convert a Babyl file to mbox format
without specifically asking the question "Convert this file to mbox
format?" (or whatever phrasing you like).

I have provided simple examples where this does not happen.

I do not accept that the "expunge deleted messages?" prompt is an
acceptable substitute.

I don't really care whether you ask one or two questions, but you
should be consistent. If you're against two questions, I imagine you
will have to modify the prompts, eg "Expunge deleted messages, and
convert this file to mbox?".

And that's all I have to say on this.