Subject: [bug#29409] [PATCH] build: vm: Use qemu drive device parameter.

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2017 11:22:33 +0100

Hey Ludo,

> Is there a difference between ‘virtio’ and ‘virtio-blk’?
>
> If confess I always have a hard time parsing QEMU’s command-line
> options, but as long as it still works, it LGTM.  :-)

Yes I had a hard time finding a command-line working both on intel and
arm systems.

if=virtio === -device
virtio-blk-pci,drive=DRIVE-ID,class=C,vectors=V,ioeventfd=IOEVENTFD

according to :

https://github.com/qemu/qemu/blob/master/docs/qdev-device-use.txt

I submitted an updated version of this patch in the same serie. It adds
"format=xxx" parameter to avoid this kind of warnings :

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
WARNING: Image format was not specified for ... and probing guessed raw.
         Automatically detecting the format is dangerous for raw images, write operations on block 0 will be restricted.
         Specify the 'raw' format explicitly to remove the restrictions.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Thanks,

Mathieu