Subject: [bug#29406] [PATCH core-updates]: Add selected upstream fixes for glibc 2.26.

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 16:30:04 -0500

On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 09:57:02AM -0500, Leo Famulari wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 10:28:49PM +0100, Marius Bakke wrote:
> > So I wonder if we should simply pick everything from this branch,
> > instead of only the few that fixes immediately visible problems.
> > Thoughts?
> 
> Based on this discussion [0], I think we should take the whole branch.
> It sounds like commits on the release branches are considered important
> bug fixes and "stable".

So after reading the rest of that thread, I'm not so sure we should take
the whole branch.

They use the word "stable" to refer to the ABI, but the branch itself is
not tested to the same degree as the tarball releases, and may even be
in an incomplete state, depending on WIP commits.

On IRC Marius said that at least one thing mentioned as "incomplete" in
that thread has been completed on the branch.

Anyways, I don't have a strong opinion anymore about which commits to
take. But, let's make a choice and continue with core-updates :)

> [0]
> https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2017-09/msg01134.html