Subject: [bug#29392] [PATCH 00/11] New scons build system

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2017 13:51:11 -0500

On Sun, Nov 26, 2017 at 05:17:59PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> skribis:
> 
> > On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 02:11:15PM +0530, Arun Isaac wrote:
> >> I am also unable to build mongodb on my machine. It's probably due to
> >> insufficient memory (I have 4 GB). Somebody should verify that the build works
> >> on their machine. On my machine, it fails with the error:
> >
> > It turns out that mongodb's test suite uses 45 GB of storage at its
> > peak.
> 
> As mentioned on IRC, if it’s C++, it makes a huge difference to build
> with “-g0” such that object files do not contain debugging info.
> Perhaps worth checking if it helps here!

Right. Arun, I'm not sure how to apply this flag with Scons. Do we just
pass it to scons-flags? I can try it on my system with lots of storage
space.