Subject: 27.0.50; C-g hang

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 16:52:00 -0500

It hung again.  I did kill -TSTP and got this backtrace.

I went to frame 4 and type  finish
and it never finished.

I went to frame 10 and typed  return Qnil
and now it is running ok again.

However, now C-g always fails to exit the minibuffer.
It also fails to deactivate the mark.

#0  __lll_lock_wait ()
    at ../nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/lowlevellock.S:135
#1  0x00007ffff2bfe649 in _L_lock_909 ()
   from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0
#2  0x00007ffff2bfe470 in __GI___pthread_mutex_lock (
    mutex=0xcb3420 <global_lock>) at ../nptl/pthread_mutex_lock.c:79
#3  0x0000000000684676 in sys_mutex_lock (mutex=0xcb3420 <global_lock>)
    at systhread.c:106
#4  0x0000000000682fc3 in acquire_global_lock (self=0xcb3220 <main_thread>)
    at thread.c:100
#5  0x00000000006839b9 in really_call_select (arg=0x7fffffffb010)
    at thread.c:576
#6  0x00000000005e071f in flush_stack_call_func (
    func=0x6838eb <really_call_select>, arg=0x7fffffffb010) at alloc.c:5222
#7  0x0000000000683a3e in thread_select (func=0x413520 <pselect@plt>, 
    max_fds=9, rfds=0x7fffffffb110, wfds=0x7fffffffb190, efds=0x0, 
    timeout=0x7fffffffb720, sigmask=0x0) at thread.c:595
#8  0x00000000006ac32e in xg_select (fds_lim=9, rfds=0x7fffffffb770, 
    wfds=0x7fffffffb7f0, efds=0x0, timeout=0x7fffffffb720, sigmask=0x0)
    at xgselect.c:117
#9  0x000000000066090b in wait_reading_process_output (time_limit=2, nsecs=0, 
    read_kbd=1, do_display=true, wait_for_cell=XIL(0), wait_proc=0x0, 
    just_wait_proc=0) at process.c:5375
#10 0x0000000000421acd in sit_for (timeout=make_number(2), reading=false, 
    display_option=2) at dispnew.c:5793
#11 0x000000000055faeb in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1340
#12 0x0000000000604da3 in internal_condition_case (
    bfun=0x55f817 <command_loop_1>, handlers=XIL(0x5250), 
    hfun=0x55efce <cmd_error>) at eval.c:1332
#13 0x000000000055f512 in command_loop_2 (ignore=XIL(0)) at keyboard.c:1110
#14 0x000000000060469b in internal_catch (tag=XIL(0x54f0), 
    func=0x55f4e9 <command_loop_2>, arg=XIL(0)) at eval.c:1097
#15 0x000000000055f449 in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1081
#16 0x000000000055ebb3 in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:695
#17 0x000000000059fa33 in read_minibuf (map=XIL(0x117aa43), initial=XIL(0), 
    prompt=XIL(0x7fffe8c98344), expflag=false, histvar=XIL(0x577590), 
    histpos=make_number(0), defalt=XIL(0), allow_props=false, 
    inherit_input_method=false) at minibuf.c:685
#18 0x00000000005a051e in Fread_from_minibuffer (prompt=XIL(0x7fffe8c98344), 
    initial_contents=XIL(0), keymap=XIL(0x117aa43), read=XIL(0), 
    hist=XIL(0x577590), default_value=XIL(0), inherit_input_method=XIL(0))
    at minibuf.c:992
#19 0x00000000006087f3 in funcall_subr (subr=0x9314a0 <Sread_from_minibuffer>, 
    numargs=5, args=0x7fffffffc158) at eval.c:2862
#20 0x00000000006082de in Ffuncall (nargs=6, args=0x7fffffffc150)
    at eval.c:2767
#21 0x00000000006072d3 in Fapply (nargs=7, args=0x7fffffffc150) at eval.c:2340
#22 0x00000000006085b4 in funcall_subr (subr=0xc404c0 <Sapply>, numargs=7, 
    args=0x7fffffffc150) at eval.c:2822
#23 0x00000000006082de in Ffuncall (nargs=8, args=0x7fffffffc148)
    at eval.c:2767
#24 0x000000000065198e in exec_byte_code (bytestr=XIL(0x9fa97c), 
    vector=XIL(0x9fa99d), maxdepth=make_number(14), 
    args_template=make_number(897), nargs=3, args=0x7fffffffc630)
    at bytecode.c:629
#25 0x0000000000608cd6 in funcall_lambda (fun=XIL(0x9fa94d), nargs=3, 
    arg_vector=0x7fffffffc618) at eval.c:2968
#26 0x0000000000608322 in Ffuncall (nargs=4, args=0x7fffffffc610)
    at eval.c:2769
#27 0x0000000000607765 in Fapply (nargs=2, args=0x7fffffffc818) at eval.c:2387
#28 0x00000000006085b4 in funcall_subr (subr=0xc404c0 <Sapply>, numargs=2, 
    args=0x7fffffffc818) at eval.c:2822
#29 0x00000000006082de in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=0x7fffffffc810)
    at eval.c:2767
#30 0x000000000065198e in exec_byte_code (bytestr=XIL(0x16aec44), 
    vector=XIL(0x141f255), maxdepth=make_number(19), 
    args_template=make_number(1156), nargs=7, args=0x7fffffffce08)
    at bytecode.c:629
#31 0x0000000000608cd6 in funcall_lambda (fun=XIL(0x141f385), nargs=7, 
    arg_vector=0x7fffffffcde8) at eval.c:2968
#32 0x0000000000608322 in Ffuncall (nargs=8, args=0x7fffffffcde0)
    at eval.c:2769
#33 0x000000000065198e in exec_byte_code (bytestr=XIL(0x7fffe8c982a4), 
    vector=XIL(0x7fffe9a62f45), maxdepth=make_number(13), 
    args_template=make_number(771), nargs=3, args=0x7fffffffd2f0)
    at bytecode.c:629
#34 0x0000000000608cd6 in funcall_lambda (fun=XIL(0x7fffe9a66da5), nargs=3, 
    arg_vector=0x7fffffffd2d8) at eval.c:2968
#35 0x0000000000608322 in Ffuncall (nargs=4, args=0x7fffffffd2d0)
    at eval.c:2769
#36 0x000000000065198e in exec_byte_code (bytestr=XIL(0x7fffe8ee40b4), 
    vector=XIL(0x7fffea258735), maxdepth=make_number(5), args_template=XIL(0), 
    nargs=0, args=0x0) at bytecode.c:629
#37 0x0000000000650c7a in Fbyte_code (bytestr=XIL(0x7fffe8ee40b4), 
    vector=XIL(0x7fffea258735), maxdepth=make_number(5)) at bytecode.c:321
#38 0x0000000000606e45 in eval_sub (form=XIL(0x7fffe8fcfa13)) at eval.c:2238
#39 0x000000000060641e in Feval (form=XIL(0x7fffe8fcfa13), lexical=XIL(0))
    at eval.c:2052
#40 0x00000000006003d1 in Fcall_interactively (function=XIL(0x9c0020), 
    record_flag=XIL(0), keys=XIL(0x7fffea2c4725)) at callint.c:357
#41 0x00000000006086ce in funcall_subr (subr=0xc3fd00 <Scall_interactively>, 
    numargs=3, args=0x7fffffffdb00) at eval.c:2847
#42 0x00000000006082de in Ffuncall (nargs=4, args=0x7fffffffdaf8)
    at eval.c:2767
#43 0x000000000065198e in exec_byte_code (bytestr=XIL(0x9f7bbc), 
    vector=XIL(0x9f7bdd), maxdepth=make_number(13), 
    args_template=make_number(1025), nargs=1, args=0x7fffffffe040)
    at bytecode.c:629
#44 0x0000000000608cd6 in funcall_lambda (fun=XIL(0x9f7b8d), nargs=1, 
    arg_vector=0x7fffffffe038) at eval.c:2968
#45 0x0000000000608322 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x7fffffffe030)
    at eval.c:2769
#46 0x0000000000607d03 in call1 (fn=XIL(0x3f00), arg1=XIL(0x9c0020))
    at eval.c:2618
#47 0x000000000055fff2 in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1482
#48 0x0000000000604da3 in internal_condition_case (
    bfun=0x55f817 <command_loop_1>, handlers=XIL(0x5250), 
    hfun=0x55efce <cmd_error>) at eval.c:1332
#49 0x000000000055f512 in command_loop_2 (ignore=XIL(0)) at keyboard.c:1110
#50 0x000000000060469b in internal_catch (tag=XIL(0xc720), 
    func=0x55f4e9 <command_loop_2>, arg=XIL(0)) at eval.c:1097
#51 0x000000000055f4b2 in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1089
#52 0x000000000055ebb3 in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:695
#53 0x000000000055ed2b in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:766
#54 0x000000000055ca35 in main (argc=3, argv=0x7fffffffe4f8) at emacs.c:1711

Lisp Backtrace:
"read-from-minibuffer" (0xffffc158)
"apply" (0xffffc150)
"read-shell-command" (0xffffc618)
"apply" (0xffffc818)
"dired-mark-pop-up" (0xffffcde8)
"dired-read-shell-command" (0xffffd2d8)
"byte-code" (0xffffd740)
"call-interactively" (0xffffdb00)
"command-execute" (0xffffe038)

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.23)
 of 2017-11-15 built on freetop
Repository revision: 52d822f31bc7cb57694c1e209b2d02e5efb8f48c
System Description:	Trisquel GNU/Linux 7.0, Belenos

Recent messages:
Saving file /home/rms/outgoing/out-73...
Wrote /home/rms/outgoing/out-73
Saving file /home/rms/outgoing/out-65...
Wrote /home/rms/outgoing/out-65
Saving file /home/rms/outgoing/out-60...
Wrote /home/rms/outgoing/out-60
Saving file /home/rms/outgoing/out-59...
Wrote /home/rms/outgoing/out-59
(No changes need to be saved)
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only
Quit
Configured using:
 'configure 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g' --with-gnutls=no'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY LIBXML2
FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK2 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by date

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  gpm-mouse-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug dired-aux compare-w diff-mode easy-mmode pcmpl-unix
cl-extra parse-time vc-cvs mhtml-mode css-mode smie color eww mm-url
gnus nnheader wid-edit url-queue url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf mailcap js json map
imenu cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs sgml-mode flyspell ispell shell pcomplete
thingatpt grep compile comint ansi-color ring url-util shr svg xml dom
browse-url rmailsum rmailout epa-mail rmailkwd misearch multi-isearch
quail help-mode mailalias qp dabbrev mule-util rmailmm message
sendmail rmc puny format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg gnus-util
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
mail-parse rfc2231 rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils dired dired-loaddefs t-mouse term/linux
elec-pair view derived time-date paren cus-start cus-load advice
finder-inf package easymenu epg-config url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face
macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 445279 97795)
 (symbols 48 30288 1)
 (miscs 40 2520 3406)
 (strings 32 73497 12094)
 (string-bytes 1 1961437)
 (vectors 16 34747)
 (vector-slots 8 1520040 163484)
 (floats 8 258 628)
 (intervals 56 72924 992)
 (buffers 992 199)
 (heap 1024 42909 12976))
[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation (https://gnu.org, https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)
Skype: No way! See https://stallman.org/skype.html.