Subject: 27.0.50; copy-file no longer copying when second argument is a directory

From: [email-masked] (Bryan M. Kramer)
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2017 16:07:43 -0500

copy-file help states if second argument is a directory, it will create
a properly named file in the directory. This is no longer the case in
this version of emacs.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 11, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.21)
 of 2017-11-14 built on fedora17.home
Repository revision: 13248f7444630508cfc3b78a07e8d96613af11c8
Windowing system distributor 'The Cygwin/X Project', version 11.0.11905000
Recent messages:
Type "q" in help window to restore its previous buffer, C-M-v to scroll help.
Mark saved where search started
Mark set
Mark saved where search started
MATCH
DM /home/bryan/afs/httpdocs /home/bryan/parallel/dm /home/bryan/parallel/dm/private/bin summarize-db-url.php
M1 nil
M2 /private/bin
COPYING /home/bryan/parallel/dm/private/bin/summarize-db-url.php to /home/bryan/afs/httpdocs/private/bin
call-diff-copy-item: Opening output file: Is a directory, /home/bryan/afs/httpdocs/private/bin

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/bryan/install --without-makeinfo
 --without-pop'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY LIBSELINUX GNUTLS
FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils cl-extra eieio-opt
find-func help-fns radix-tree misearch multi-isearch thingatpt jka-compr
ediff-merg ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init
ediff-util ediff pp vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode php-mode etags xref
project ring cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs speedbar sb-image ezimage
dframe tutorial help-mode dired dired-loaddefs elec-pair server hideshow
prettier-js dash edmacro kmacro timesheet srgrep more-hacks paren delsel
mm-util mail-prsvr finder-inf package easymenu epg-config url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 338902 27210)
 (symbols 48 32198 1)
 (miscs 40 221 571)
 (strings 32 106557 2098)
 (string-bytes 1 4246375)
 (vectors 16 29554)
 (vector-slots 8 718124 18908)
 (floats 8 85 101)
 (intervals 56 14889 37)
 (buffers 992 27))