Subject: [bug#29359] [PATCH 13/31] gnu: Add java-joda-time.

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2018 14:34:44 +0100

Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> writes:

> Björn Höfling <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> * Finally, remove the (zero?..), as the result ignored, the result of
>> the sourrunding lambda will be the final statement, the #t.
>
> I agree with your other comments, but not with this one :)

Never mind, I just realized that the build phase you quoted was not
quoted in full.  It continued like this:

+             (for-each (lambda (f)
+                         (copy-file f (string-append
+                                        "build/classes/org/joda/time/format/"
+                                        (basename f))))
+               (find-files "src/main/java/org/joda/time/format" ".*.properties"))
+             #t))

Since “zero?” is not the last statement you are in fact right that its
return value would be ignored.

> However, we should be using “invoke” instead of “(zero? (system* …))” as
> we are slowly transitioning towards throwing exceptions upon errors in
> build phases.

This is still correct, though :)

-- 
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net