Subject: Re: [bug#29359] [PATCH 20/31] gnu: Add java-xpp3.

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2017 17:34:43 +0100

Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]> writes:

> * gnu/packages/java.scm (java-xpp3): New variable.

Please move it to xml.scm.

[…]

> +       (modify-phases %standard-phases
> +         (replace 'install
> +           (lambda* (#:key outputs #:allow-other-keys)
> +             (let ((out (string-append (assoc-ref outputs "out") "/share/java")))
> +               (mkdir-p out)
> +               (copy-file (string-append "build/xpp3-" ,version ".jar")
> +                          (string-append out "/xpp3.jar")))
> +             #t)))))

Same as for java-xmlpull2: please use “install-jars”, if possible.

> +    (home-page "http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/xgws/xsoap/xpp/")
> +    (synopsis "Streaming pull XML parser")
> +    (description "Xml Pull Parser (in short XPP) is a streaming pull XML
> +parser and should be used when there is a need to process quickly and
> +efficiently all input elements (for example in SOAP processors).")

Please capitalize “Xml”.  How does this differ from java-xmlpull2?
Could you come up with a better description maybe?

(AIUI java-xmlpull2 is in maintenance mode, so it may be worth adding
that information to the package description.)

> +    (license license:public-domain)))

Where did you find the public domain declaration?  I only see this BSD-4
variant, which means this should be (license:non-copyleft
"file://LICENSE.txt").

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net