Subject: Re: [bug#29359] [PATCH 25/31] gnu: Add java-stax.

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 09:05:47 +0100

Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]> writes:

> * gnu/packages/java.scm (java-stax): New variable.

Maybe move this package to (gnu packages xml) instead.

> +    (home-page "https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/stax/stax/")

This looks weird.  The original home page was http://stax.codehaus.org/,
but it has disappeared.  It’s fine to keep it pointing at the maven
repo, even though it’s not really a home page.

> +    (synopsis "Streaming API for XML")
> +    (description "The StAX Java API for XML processing is designed for parsing
> +XML streams, just like the SAX API's.")

This description could be improved.  How about this:

   This package provides the reference implementation of the
   @dfn{Streaming API for XML} (StAX).  It is used for streaming XML
   data to and from a Java application.  It provides a standard pull
   parser interface.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net