Subject: bug#29354: closed (Re: GREP_OPTIONS not processed)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2019 20:03:02 +0000

Your bug report

#29354: GREP_OPTIONS not processed

which was filed against the grep package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
29354: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=29354
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: GREP_OPTIONS not processed
From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
To: Dennis <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Santiago R.R." <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2019 12:02:34 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

No further comment on this bug report for two years, and I still cannot
reproduce it. Closing the bug report.

Subject: GREP_OPTIONS not processed
From: Dennis <[email-masked]>
To: Grep Bugs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2017 17:55:47 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Running grep 2.20 on Debian Jessie.

Apparently grep is not processing the GREP_OPTIONS
environment variable. I have been setting the "-i" option in
there for years as that is the most useful for me. Lately it
has not been working. I have done many tests and it seems
that GREP_OPTIONS is completely ignored.