Subject: Re: bug#29348: 26.0.50; shr.el heisenbug

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2017 18:29:59 +0200

> From: Devon Sean McCullough <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2017 10:54:47 -0500
> 
> 
> > Can you tell more about this "scrambling"?  I don't understand what
> > that means.  An example where that happens would also be useful.
> 
> Original xml of INTRO TABLE BODY
> rendered as TABLE BODY INTRO
> because the table renderer bashed point.
>
> P.S. The xml files at https://github.com/KhronosGroup/OpenGL-Refpages/tree/master/es2.0
> often come out scrambled, it seems to depend on some race condition
> so any given file gets rendered correctly maybe 75% of the time.
> 
> P.P.S. I've seen no scrambled help docs since I applied this patch
> but can’t prove it really fixes every case, `save-window-excursion’
> is a can of worms as the doc string warns.  *Sigh* but at least my
> WebGL / OpenGL ES 2.0 context sensitive `describe-function’
> is unblocked.  AFAIK nobody else has done this but I’m quite
> out of touch, is there electric help for this annoying GPU API
> with parameter highlighting in the echo line and all?

Thanks, but could you possibly show a full recipe, starting from
"emacs -Q", assuming the above-mentioned files were downloaded?  I'd
like to be able to reproduce this on my machine and look into this.

And please keep the bug address on the CC list, so that this
discussion gets recorded by the issue tracker.