Subject: Re: bug#2732: 23.0.91; Please add support for Objective-C++

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2021 12:07:18 +0200

Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> writes:

>> That only answers the first question, not the second.  If we put .M and
>> .mm into CC Mode or auto-mode-alist in Emacs, that implies some sort of
>> commitment to support the language (Objective-C++).  If Objective-C Mode
>> already almost supports it properly, that is one thing, but if the match
>> is less good, it could involve a lot of work.
>
> 8 years ago, the comment was "switching to c++-mode or objc-mode does
> not give satisfactory results". I don't know if anything has changed
> since. Ref: https://debbugs.gnu.org/2732

So it doesn't seem like just mapping .mm to objc-mode would give
satisfactory results, and I'm closing this bug report.

(If somebody wants to add a real mode for Objective-C++, that can, of
course, be done.)

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no