Subject: bug#29332: 27.0.50; running under gdb

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 22:17:55 -0500

I cd to src and type

   gdb emacs

   r

and I get the error message

   there is no member named name

I am using GDB version 7.7.1 which is in Trisquel 7.
In principle I could install the latest GDB, but it would be a lot of work
and I doubt it would make a difference.  I think the bug is in src/.gdbinit.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.23)
 of 2017-11-15 built on freetop
Repository revision: 52d822f31bc7cb57694c1e209b2d02e5efb8f48c
System Description:	Trisquel GNU/Linux 7.0, Belenos

Recent messages:
Loading paren...done
Loading view...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Note: file is write protected [4 times]
Counting messages...done
(No new mail has arrived)
0 new messages read
~/emacs-git/build-nov-15/src 

Configured using:
 'configure 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g' --with-gnutls=no'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY LIBXML2
FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK2 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: RMAIL

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  gpm-mouse-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug mailalias pcmpl-unix shell pcomplete comint
ansi-color ring rmailmm message sendmail rmc puny format-spec rfc822
mml mml-sec epa epg gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader mail-parse rfc2231 rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils dired dired-loaddefs
t-mouse term/linux elec-pair view derived time-date paren cus-start
cus-load advice finder-inf package easymenu epg-config url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face
macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 241663 17158)
 (symbols 48 22882 2)
 (miscs 40 1971 1937)
 (strings 32 36389 2268)
 (string-bytes 1 980507)
 (vectors 16 15625)
 (vector-slots 8 491132 19474)
 (floats 8 66 295)
 (intervals 56 56888 41)
 (buffers 992 32)
 (heap 1024 17980 1513))
[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation (https://gnu.org, https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)
Skype: No way! See https://stallman.org/skype.html.