Subject: Re: [PATCH] build-system/go: Don't let Go executables refer to the Go compiler.

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 15:48:17 -0500

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 01:57:38PM -0500, Leo Famulari wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 12:00:36PM -0500, Leo Famulari wrote:
> > This is a naive adaptation of ((guix build utils)
> > remove-store-references). 
> > 
> > It takes ~55 seconds to remove the references from Syncthing's
> > executables (96 MiB) on an SSD. Any ideas about how to speed it up?
> 
> I checked, and remove-store-references (aka nuke-refs) takes the same
> amount of time.

So, fold-port-matches reads the port one character at a time, IIUC (I
don't really understand it).

I think we don't need to do that in this case. We could instead do
Boyer-Moore and skip 34 bytes + the length of %store-directory, which
could speed things up a lot.

But, I don't think we should wait for that in order to push this patch
:)