Subject: Re: bug#29293: CC Mode 5.33 (C//l); c-display-defun-name echoes return type not name of function

From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2017 13:59:51 +0000

Hi Alan,

Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thank you very much for taking the trouble to report this bug.

No, thank you for tending to it and for the detailed
explanation of its cause.

> Anyhow, could I ask you, please, to apply the patch, recompile
> cc-cmds.el, and try it out in any other code you found the bug in, and
> let me know if the bug is indeed fixed.

I have tested your patch over recent master
(bc462efec89c3317a6ee3ef9404356c1c7e52bda "Rebrand Windows
installer" of 2017-11-13) in several functions and DEFUNs in
the Emacs source tree, including all src/indent.c
definitions I mentioned in my previous email, and can
confirm the patch fixes the reported issue.

>> The information collected by c-submit-bug-report follows my
>> signature.
>
> This is appreciated, thanks, even though I've snipped it.  ;-)

You're welcome to use a printed copy as a wall decoration.  :)

Thanks again,

-- 
Basil