Subject: bug#29290: 25.3; bug-gnu-emacs archive web search fails to find matching bugs

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 06:47:10 -0500

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: myglc2 <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 15:41:02 -0500
>> 
>> #23576: Re: bug#23576: [documentation] =?utf-8?Q?=E2=80=98Using?= Emacs
>
> That's not "garbled", that's the RFC 2047 encoded subject line, as
> originally produced by the MUA of the person who reported the bug.

It's not very human friendly though.  There's also some mojibake from
the fancy quotes:

    one a unique â€œserver nameâ€

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mojibake

    Mojibake (文字化け) (IPA: [mod͡ʑibake]; lit. "character transformation"),
    from the Japanese 文字 (moji) "character" + 化け (bake, pronounced
    "bah-keh") "transform", is the garbled text that is the result of text
    being decoded using an unintended character encoding

PS I would find that search much more usable if it coalesced matches to
the same bug; as it is, you typically have to scroll past a lot of
repeats for long bug threads.