Subject: Re: bug#2929: filling of multi-line comments

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2021 22:37:01 +0100

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Lars,

>> The line starting with "foo bar baz" was entered by me and after
>> inserting a space after "ketm" the comment chars where inserted.
>> (`comment-start' is ">" and `comment-end' is "*/" in message-mode.)
>
> (I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately weren't resolved
> at the time.)
>
> In Emacs 29, `comment-end' is "" in `message-mode', and I'm not able
> to reproduce the problem.
>
> Are you still seeing this problem in recent Emacs versions?

No, I can't reproduce it.  And actually I don't quite understand what I
was doing.  Why did I explicitly set "*/" as `comment-end' in
`message-mode'? *shrugs*

Anyway, feel free to close that bug report.

Bye,
Tassilo