Subject: bug#29289: 25.3; doc errors for ‘M-x set-variable’ doc

From: myglc2 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 10:56:46 -0500

On 11/14/2017 at 15:22 Eli Zaretskii writes:

>> From: myglc2 <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 17:42:13 -0500
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>>
>> So 23576 is marked minor and done, but the emacs doc still has these
>> bugs. Are you saying merge and reopen?  TIA - George
>
> No, the bugs in the documentation were fixed.  It's just that they
> were fixed for the upcoming Emacs 26.1, and you are using 25.3.  You
> are welcome to try the pretest of Emacs 26.1, which is available from
> alpha.gnu.org, and see for yourself that the documentation was fixed,
> and the software was fixed as well.  E.g., in the pretest, typing
> "M-x set-variable RET server-name RET" does allow you to set the name
> even before you start a server, and "emacsclient -s" also works after
> that.

Hi Eli, Thank you for clarifying, I didn't read the bug carefully. ;-)