Subject: [bug#29281] [PATCH] system: vm: Use linux-libre for system-disk-image.

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 12:54:30 +0100

> So the kernel you built doesn’t boot at all in “qemu-system-arm -M virt”?

Nope it does not with this command :

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
qemu-system-arm -M virt -kernel
/gnu/store/13jqdcykaarbxzwxnryqinljcjh3k75g-linux-libre-arm-omap2plus-4.13.4/zImage
-nographic 
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

> In practice ‘targeting-arm?’ could be checking (%current-system) and
> (%current-target-system), which is not entirely correct but good enough,
> or, better yet, use that ‘let-system’ construct I sent you recently to
> determine the actual target system.
>
> Thoughts?

Sure it seems like a good idea, until we find better ! I'll try to setup
let-system and propose an updated patch.

Thanks for your help :)

Mathieu