Subject: Re: bug#29272: 26.0.90; "C-h k C-mouse-3" followed by menu selection asks for more keys

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 09:39:38 +0100

> What happens in the Lucid build?

Here menus with Lucid, Motif and pure X (without toolkit) builds behave
differently from GTK/Windows ones: They are immediately pulled down when
I release the mouse button.  So I have to continuously keep a mouse
button pressed during menu interaction (although I'm free to release any
modifier key).  Also, at least here, menu tooltips are broken - they
show an empty line only.  Only after the menu is pulled down, a correct
tooltip might appear, see below.

Else not much happens - I see in the echo area

Describe the following key, mouse click, or menu item: C-down-mouse-3-

and moving the mouse to some selectable item replaces that text by

Describe the following key, mouse click, or menu item:

sometimes resizing the echo area to two lines and displaying the correct
tooltip text after the menu was pulled down.  `view-lossage' doesn't
show anything of interest.

BTW: Could someone please fix that

(not (sit-for (/ double-click-time 1000.0) t))

form so it handles at least those values of `double-click-time'
described in its documentation:

   Maximum time between mouse clicks to make a double-click.
   Measured in milliseconds.  The value nil means disable double-click
   recognition; t means double-clicks have no time limit and are detected
   by position only.

I'm not sure what `sit-for' is supposed to return in those cases.

Thanks, martin