Subject: Re: bug#29478: 26.0.90; `C-h k' followed by mouse clicks no longer shows down event

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 20:50:11 -0500

tags 29272 + confirmed
quit

Drew Adams <[email-masked]> writes:

> The down mouse-button event is no longer listed along with the up
> event when you use `C-h k' with a click event.  Dunno whether this was
> by design or is an oversight.

Looks like oversight.  Possibly related to Bug#29272.  The following
seems to fix it for me, but I'm having trouble convincing myself that
it's the right thing.

--- c/lisp/help.el
+++ i/lisp/help.el
@@ -738,7 +738,7 @@ help-read-key-sequence
                          ;; spuriously trigger the `sit-for'.
                          (sleep-for 0.01)
                          (while (read-event nil nil 0.01))
-                         (not (sit-for (/ double-click-time 1000.0) t))))))))
+                         (sit-for (/ double-click-time 1000.0) t)))))))
           (list
            key
            ;; If KEY is a down-event, read and include the

Alan, I believe you've been working on this code recently, any thoughts?