Subject: bug#29272: 26.0.90; "C-h k C-mouse-3" followed by menu selection asks for more keys

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2017 20:26:48 +0000

Hello, Eli

On Sun, Nov 19, 2017 at 20:17:27 +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2017 16:19:43 +0000
> > Cc: [email-masked]
> > From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>

> > > I only see this in a text-mode frame (in my case it's "<mouse-1>
> > > <indent-pp-sexp>").  On GUI frame, there's no "translation".

> > Not on an X-Windows frame - X seems to handle all the mouse-movement and
> > intermediate click events itself.

> Crystal ball says that your "X-Windows" is an Emacs build with some
> toolkit.

Indeed.  The default GTK, I believe.  I usually work on a tty, so I've
never bothered too much about it.

> I'm guessing that a non-toolkit build on X will have the same problem
> as we see on text-mode frames, because in a non-toolkit build Emacs
> handles all the mouse clicks in a menu.

I suppose so.

Still, we're getting fixed on master.  I agree with you that it's too
big a change, and too small a bug to justify putting it on the release
branch.

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).