Subject: Re: bug#29272: 26.0.90; "C-h k C-mouse-3" followed by menu selection asks for more keys

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2017 17:54:26 +0000

Hello, Eli.

On Sun, Nov 19, 2017 at 19:04:45 +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2017 16:19:43 +0000
> > Cc: [email-masked]
> > From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>

> > > In any case, this is a much more minor bug than the one I reported, so
> > > please install your changes on the release branch.  Bonus points if
> > > you can find where does the "translation" come from.

> > I claim my prize.  :-)

> > The following patch (which absolutely requires the patch to bug #29349
> > "read_key_sequence is only partially recursive.  This is a bug." to work)
> > fixes the above glitch on Linux tty (and possibly on other platforms).
> > It works by disregarding the "intermediate" events in UNTRANSLATED when
> > comparing the processed key sequence with the UNTRANSLATED string of
> > events:

> OK, but I still would like to understand where did that "translation"
> come from.  I don't think I get that from the above description.

It comes from the menu processing with GPM.  Each mouse click (but I'm
not sure about mouse movements) in a menu is entered into
read_key_sequence's raw event buffer.  This happens in the recursive call
of read_key_sequence which happens when r_k_s calls read_key, and a menu
gets processed.

> Thanks.

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).