Subject: bug#29271: closed (Re: Status: [PATCH 0/1] Improve the "Substitutes" documentation)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2017 04:30:02 +0000

Your bug report

#29271: [PATCH 0/1] Improve the "Substitutes" documentation

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
29271: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=29271
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: Status: [PATCH 0/1] Improve the "Substitutes" documentation
From: Chris Marusich <[email-masked]>
To: bug#29271 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 20:29:29 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

I've committed this as 77f921587c6b784e84b98a9f2e9c821f73114340.  This
commit includes the minor changes suggested by Ludo.

In particular, I used the phrase "official build server" instead of
"hydra" where applicable; I simply added a cross-reference to the
description of the --fallback option instead of making it more verbose;
and I changed the language describing how substitutes are disabled by
default when Guix is installed on a foreign distro to emphasize the fact
that our recommended installation steps will enable them anyway.

If anyone has any concerns, please let me know.

-- 
Chris

Subject: [PATCH 0/1] Improve the "Substitutes" documentation
From: Chris Marusich <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], Chris Marusich <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 03:02:33 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Guix,

Attached is a patch which attempts to improve the clarity of the
Substitutes section by moving its content into subsections.  I have
also taken the liberty of adding some new information, which should
clarify (1) the question of whether or not substitutes are enabled by
default, and (2) the --fallback option.  The following email thread
demonstrates that this information was not clear enough, so hopefully
it is clear enough now:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2017-11/msg00032.html

Best regards,

Chris Marusich (1):
  doc: Split the "Substitutes" section into subsections.

 doc/guix.texi | 126 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------------
 1 file changed, 94 insertions(+), 32 deletions(-)

-- 
2.14.2