Subject: bug#29244: guix update -u always wants to update: python-wrapper & python-ipython

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 09:28:41 +0200

Hi

On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 at 14:58, Benjamin Andresen <[email-masked]> wrote:

> this is with an empty user account that has no packages installed before this:
>> guixsd% guix package -u
>> The following packages will be upgraded:
>> python-wrapper 3.5.3 → 3.5.3 /gnu/store/xnb9bn2vgr3ch8zznsv23w65bb5psshh-python-wrapper-3.5.3
>> python-ipython 5.3.0 → 5.3.0 /gnu/store/7lg8s2kc6k8fxbdx80ykz39kz2lwj08g-python-ipython-5.3.0
>>
>> nothing to be done

>From my understanding, this old bug [1] can be closed.  Now it is fixed,
aside the issue reported in bug#28743 [2].  Is it solved for you?

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix package -i python-wrapper python-ipython -p /tmp/foo  2>/dev/null

$ guix package -p /tmp/foo --list-generations
Generation 1	Sep 16 2021 09:24:06	(current)
  python-wrapper	3.8.2	out	/gnu/store/nckjv3ccwdi6096j478gvns43ssbls2p-python-wrapper-3.8.2
  python-ipython	7.9.0	out	/gnu/store/y6rgmla9xr3sxdlv4lwnksy584w2l4xj-python-ipython-7.9.0

$ guix package -p /tmp/foo --upgrade --dry-run
guix package: warning: nothing to do

$ guix package -p /tmp/foo --upgrade
guix package: warning: nothing to do

$ guix package -p /tmp/foo --list-generations
Generation 1	Sep 16 2021 09:24:06	(current)
  python-wrapper	3.8.2	out	/gnu/store/nckjv3ccwdi6096j478gvns43ssbls2p-python-wrapper-3.8.2
  python-ipython	7.9.0	out	/gnu/store/y6rgmla9xr3sxdlv4lwnksy584w2l4xj-python-ipython-7.9.0
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

1: <http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/29244>
2: <http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/28743>

All the best,
simon