Subject: 26.0.90; invald file name for symbolic files

From: Vincent Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 17:41:42 +0000

In Emacs 24 an 25, the symbolic file names are same as other files (e.g.
'~/xxx), but in Emacs 26, the file name is '~/xxx/', thus 'ido' or 'ivy'
handles files incorrectly. In fact, it will recognize it as a folder and
create a new file.

In GNU Emacs 26.0.90 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS appkit-1265.21 Version 10.9.5 (Build 13F1911))
of 2017-10-12 built on builder10-9.local
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1561
Recent messages:
Auto-saving...done
Mark set
Send this bug report to the Emacs maintainers? (y or n) y
Sending...
Mark set [2 times]
Sending via mail...
Quit
mwheel-scroll: Beginning of buffer [3 times]
C-c RET C-g is undefined
Buffer *unsent mail to bug-gnu-emacs* modified; kill anyway? (y or n) y

Configured using:
'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules'

Configured features:
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_CN.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  counsel-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  spaceline-info-mode: t
  smooth-scrolling-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  window-numbering-mode: t
  popwin-mode: t
  eyebrowse-mode: t
  browse-url-dwim-mode: t
  global-emojify-mode: t
  emojify-mode: t
  dumb-jump-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-aggressive-indent-mode: t
  aggressive-indent-mode: t
  drag-stuff-global-mode: t
  drag-stuff-mode: t
  global-hungry-delete-mode: t
  hungry-delete-mode: t
  ace-pinyin-global-mode: t
  ace-pinyin-mode: t
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-local-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  indent-guide-global-mode: t
  indent-guide-mode: t
  volatile-highlights-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  diff-hl-flydiff-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  projectile-rails-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  flycheck-pos-tip-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  rainbow-mode: t
  elisp-slime-nav-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  goto-address-prog-mode: t
  subword-mode: t
  symbol-overlay-mode: t
  highlight-parentheses-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  fic-mode: t
  whitespace-mode: t
  editorconfig-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  persistent-scratch-autosave-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  global-prettify-symbols-mode: t
  prettify-symbols-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(network-stream starttls mailalias smtpmail shadow sort mail-extr
emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail smex ivy-hydra
bookmark pp company-c-headers counsel-projectile counsel esh-util swiper
colir ivy flx ivy-overlay tide tide-lv typescript-mode ido cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs mwim time server saveplace spaceline-config spaceline-segments
spaceline powerline powerline-separators powerline-themes cnfonts
cnfonts-ui cus-edit cus-start cus-load smooth-scrolling delsel ace-link
company-emoji company-emoji-list hl-line paren browse-kill-ring derived
windmove winner window-numbering popwin eyebrowse browse-url-dwim
string-utils list-utils rg emojify apropos tar-mode ht dumb-jump popup
dockerfile-mode org-indent org-bullets org-rmail org-mhe org-irc
org-info org-gnus gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mail-utils org-docview
doc-view jka-compr image-mode org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m
org-element avl-tree generator ob-ruby ob-python org org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp
ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs cal-china-x
cal-china lunar solar cal-dst holidays hol-loaddefs cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs view noutline outline conf-mode vc-mtn vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src
vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs diff-hl-dired dired-rainbow
dired-hacks-utils dired-quick-sort savehist ls-lisp dired-x dired
dired-loaddefs rspec-mode robe url-http tls gnutls url-auth mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr url-gw nsm rmc
puny ruby-refactor rubocop tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver
shell pcomplete parse-time format-spec yard-mode company-go
go-projectile go-rename go-guru go-eldoc imenu go-mode url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util mailcap find-file ffap sh-script executable aggressive-indent
drag-stuff hungry-delete ace-pinyin pinyinlib anzu undo-tree
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-capf
company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-semantic company-eclim
company-template company-css company-nxml company-bbdb company-shell
company-yasnippet company-robe company-quickhelp company pcase yasnippet
indent-guide volatile-highlights autorevert filenotify diff-hl-flydiff
diff diff-hl vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher which-key projectile-rails
rake f s inflections inf-ruby ruby-mode smie projectile grep compile
comint ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs avy-flycheck avy
flycheck-pos-tip pos-tip flycheck json map find-func subr-x dash vc-git
diff-mode open-junk-file recentf tree-widget wid-edit editorconfig-core
editorconfig-core-handle editorconfig-fnmatch rainbow-mode ansi-color
color elisp-slime-nav etags xref project display-line-numbers goto-addr
cap-words superword subword symbol-overlay thingatpt
highlight-parentheses rainbow-delimiters fic-mode whitespace
editorconfig elec-pair persistent-scratch init-restore desktop frameset
init-prog init-web init-ruby init-python init-go init-c init-emacs-lisp
init-projectile init-flycheck init-vcs init-utils init-funcs init-org
hydra ring lv init-eshell init-shell init-window init-kill-ring
init-ibuffer init-highlight init-dired init-calendar init-yasnippet
init-company init-ivy init-edit init-ui cl-extra help-mode
spacemacs-dark-theme spacemacs-common init-basic exec-path-from-shell
init-package use-package diminish bind-key easy-mmode finder-inf edmacro
kmacro rx cl info advice package easymenu epg-config url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
cl-loaddefs cl-lib init-custom init-const time-date tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win
ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 758796 113848)
(symbols 48 55898 7)
(miscs 40 1913 3182)
(strings 32 221355 16229)
(string-bytes 1 5553603)
(vectors 16 111170)
(vector-slots 8 3520629 41305)
(floats 8 1112 793)
(intervals 56 18719 421)
(buffers 992 72))

--
Best Regards,
Vincent Zhang

Best Regards,
Vincent Zhang