Subject: bug#29231: closed (Re: bug#29231: 26.0.90; invald file name for symbolic files)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 12:10:02 +0000

Your bug report

#29231: 26.0.90; invald file name for symbolic files

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
29231: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=29231
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#29231: 26.0.90; invald file name for symbolic files
From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
To: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
Cc: Vincent Zhang <[email-masked]>, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 12:09:32 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 11:19:05PM -0800, Paul Eggert wrote:
> Apparently macOS faccessat has a problem similar to fstatat. Gnulib did not
> work around the faccessat problem, so I wrote and installed a fix for this
> into Gnulib and installed the attached patch into the emacs-26 branch.
> Please give it a try.

This fixes the problem for me.

Thanks, Paul!
-- 
Alan Third

Subject: 26.0.90; invald file name for symbolic files
From: Vincent Zhang <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 17:41:42 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In Emacs 24 an 25, the symbolic file names are same as other files (e.g.
'~/xxx), but in Emacs 26, the file name is '~/xxx/', thus 'ido' or 'ivy'
handles files incorrectly. In fact, it will recognize it as a folder and
create a new file.

In GNU Emacs 26.0.90 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS appkit-1265.21 Version 10.9.5 (Build 13F1911))
of 2017-10-12 built on builder10-9.local
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1561
Recent messages:
Auto-saving...done
Mark set
Send this bug report to the Emacs maintainers? (y or n) y
Sending...
Mark set [2 times]
Sending via mail...
Quit
mwheel-scroll: Beginning of buffer [3 times]
C-c RET C-g is undefined
Buffer *unsent mail to bug-gnu-emacs* modified; kill anyway? (y or n) y

Configured using:
'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules'

Configured features:
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_CN.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  counsel-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  spaceline-info-mode: t
  smooth-scrolling-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  window-numbering-mode: t
  popwin-mode: t
  eyebrowse-mode: t
  browse-url-dwim-mode: t
  global-emojify-mode: t
  emojify-mode: t
  dumb-jump-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-aggressive-indent-mode: t
  aggressive-indent-mode: t
  drag-stuff-global-mode: t
  drag-stuff-mode: t
  global-hungry-delete-mode: t
  hungry-delete-mode: t
  ace-pinyin-global-mode: t
  ace-pinyin-mode: t
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-local-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  indent-guide-global-mode: t
  indent-guide-mode: t
  volatile-highlights-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  diff-hl-flydiff-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  projectile-rails-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  flycheck-pos-tip-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  rainbow-mode: t
  elisp-slime-nav-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  goto-address-prog-mode: t
  subword-mode: t
  symbol-overlay-mode: t
  highlight-parentheses-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  fic-mode: t
  whitespace-mode: t
  editorconfig-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  persistent-scratch-autosave-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  global-prettify-symbols-mode: t
  prettify-symbols-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(network-stream starttls mailalias smtpmail shadow sort mail-extr
emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail smex ivy-hydra
bookmark pp company-c-headers counsel-projectile counsel esh-util swiper
colir ivy flx ivy-overlay tide tide-lv typescript-mode ido cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs mwim time server saveplace spaceline-config spaceline-segments
spaceline powerline powerline-separators powerline-themes cnfonts
cnfonts-ui cus-edit cus-start cus-load smooth-scrolling delsel ace-link
company-emoji company-emoji-list hl-line paren browse-kill-ring derived
windmove winner window-numbering popwin eyebrowse browse-url-dwim
string-utils list-utils rg emojify apropos tar-mode ht dumb-jump popup
dockerfile-mode org-indent org-bullets org-rmail org-mhe org-irc
org-info org-gnus gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mail-utils org-docview
doc-view jka-compr image-mode org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m
org-element avl-tree generator ob-ruby ob-python org org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp
ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs cal-china-x
cal-china lunar solar cal-dst holidays hol-loaddefs cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs view noutline outline conf-mode vc-mtn vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src
vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs diff-hl-dired dired-rainbow
dired-hacks-utils dired-quick-sort savehist ls-lisp dired-x dired
dired-loaddefs rspec-mode robe url-http tls gnutls url-auth mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr url-gw nsm rmc
puny ruby-refactor rubocop tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver
shell pcomplete parse-time format-spec yard-mode company-go
go-projectile go-rename go-guru go-eldoc imenu go-mode url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util mailcap find-file ffap sh-script executable aggressive-indent
drag-stuff hungry-delete ace-pinyin pinyinlib anzu undo-tree
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-capf
company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-semantic company-eclim
company-template company-css company-nxml company-bbdb company-shell
company-yasnippet company-robe company-quickhelp company pcase yasnippet
indent-guide volatile-highlights autorevert filenotify diff-hl-flydiff
diff diff-hl vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher which-key projectile-rails
rake f s inflections inf-ruby ruby-mode smie projectile grep compile
comint ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs avy-flycheck avy
flycheck-pos-tip pos-tip flycheck json map find-func subr-x dash vc-git
diff-mode open-junk-file recentf tree-widget wid-edit editorconfig-core
editorconfig-core-handle editorconfig-fnmatch rainbow-mode ansi-color
color elisp-slime-nav etags xref project display-line-numbers goto-addr
cap-words superword subword symbol-overlay thingatpt
highlight-parentheses rainbow-delimiters fic-mode whitespace
editorconfig elec-pair persistent-scratch init-restore desktop frameset
init-prog init-web init-ruby init-python init-go init-c init-emacs-lisp
init-projectile init-flycheck init-vcs init-utils init-funcs init-org
hydra ring lv init-eshell init-shell init-window init-kill-ring
init-ibuffer init-highlight init-dired init-calendar init-yasnippet
init-company init-ivy init-edit init-ui cl-extra help-mode
spacemacs-dark-theme spacemacs-common init-basic exec-path-from-shell
init-package use-package diminish bind-key easy-mmode finder-inf edmacro
kmacro rx cl info advice package easymenu epg-config url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
cl-loaddefs cl-lib init-custom init-const time-date tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win
ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 758796 113848)
(symbols 48 55898 7)
(miscs 40 1913 3182)
(strings 32 221355 16229)
(string-bytes 1 5553603)
(vectors 16 111170)
(vector-slots 8 3520629 41305)
(floats 8 1112 793)
(intervals 56 18719 421)
(buffers 992 72))

--
Best Regards,
Vincent Zhang

Best Regards,
Vincent Zhang