Subject: bug#29230: closed (Re: bug#29230: 26.0.90; Incorrect position and size of frames after restoring from desktop)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2017 08:42:02 +0000

Your bug report

#29230: 26.0.90; Incorrect position and size of frames after restoring from desktop

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
29230: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=29230
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#29230: 26.0.90; Incorrect position and size of frames after restoring from desktop
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Vincent Zhang <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2017 10:41:19 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Vincent Zhang <[email-masked]>
> CC: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 15:15:04 +0000
> 
> Tonight I had some time to dig out the root cause. It seems the issue is caused by
> https://github.com/tumashu/cnfonts. There are some compatibility issue for Emacs26 :( I will report there
> then. Thanks for your time.

Thanks, I'm therefore closing this bug.  Feel free to reopen if it
turns out an Emacs bug after all.

Subject: 26.0.90; Incorrect position and size of frames after restoring from desktop
From: Vincent Zhang <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 17:37:01 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Message-ID: <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
--text follows this line--

After 'desktop-save', restart emacs. The position and size of frames are
incorrect.
No issue on Emacs 25.3.

In GNU Emacs 26.0.90 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS appkit-1265.21 Version 10.9.5 (Build 13F1911))
of 2017-10-12 built on builder10-9.local
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1561
Recent messages:
Quit
Saving file /Users/vincent/.emacs.d/lisp/init-ivy.el...
Wrote /Users/vincent/.emacs.d/lisp/init-ivy.el
Quit [2 times]
kmacro-call-macro: No kbd macro has been defined
Ivy mode enabled
Turn on counsel-projectile key bindings
Counsel mode enabled
(New file) [2 times]
C-c C-c is undefined

Configured using:
'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules'

Configured features:
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_CN.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  counsel-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  spaceline-info-mode: t
  smooth-scrolling-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  window-numbering-mode: t
  popwin-mode: t
  eyebrowse-mode: t
  browse-url-dwim-mode: t
  global-emojify-mode: t
  emojify-mode: t
  dumb-jump-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-aggressive-indent-mode: t
  aggressive-indent-mode: t
  drag-stuff-global-mode: t
  drag-stuff-mode: t
  global-hungry-delete-mode: t
  hungry-delete-mode: t
  ace-pinyin-global-mode: t
  ace-pinyin-mode: t
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-local-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  indent-guide-global-mode: t
  indent-guide-mode: t
  volatile-highlights-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  diff-hl-flydiff-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  projectile-rails-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  flycheck-pos-tip-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  rainbow-mode: t
  elisp-slime-nav-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  goto-address-prog-mode: t
  subword-mode: t
  symbol-overlay-mode: t
  highlight-parentheses-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  fic-mode: t
  whitespace-mode: t
  editorconfig-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  persistent-scratch-autosave-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  global-prettify-symbols-mode: t
  prettify-symbols-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
smex ivy-hydra bookmark pp company-c-headers counsel-projectile counsel
esh-util swiper colir ivy flx ivy-overlay tide tide-lv typescript-mode
ido cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs mwim time server saveplace spaceline-config
spaceline-segments spaceline powerline powerline-separators
powerline-themes cnfonts cnfonts-ui cus-edit cus-start cus-load
smooth-scrolling delsel ace-link company-emoji company-emoji-list
hl-line paren browse-kill-ring derived windmove winner window-numbering
popwin eyebrowse browse-url-dwim string-utils list-utils rg emojify
apropos tar-mode ht dumb-jump popup dockerfile-mode org-indent
org-bullets org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs mail-utils org-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode
org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m org-element avl-tree generator
ob-ruby ob-python org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs cal-china-x cal-china lunar solar
cal-dst holidays hol-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs view
noutline outline conf-mode vc-mtn vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn
vc-cvs vc-rcs diff-hl-dired dired-rainbow dired-hacks-utils
dired-quick-sort savehist ls-lisp dired-x dired dired-loaddefs
rspec-mode robe url-http tls gnutls url-auth mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr url-gw nsm rmc puny ruby-refactor
rubocop tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver shell pcomplete
parse-time format-spec yard-mode company-go go-projectile go-rename
go-guru go-eldoc imenu go-mode url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap find-file
ffap sh-script executable aggressive-indent drag-stuff hungry-delete
ace-pinyin pinyinlib anzu undo-tree company-oddmuse company-keywords
company-etags company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev
company-files company-capf company-cmake company-xcode company-clang
company-semantic company-eclim company-template company-css company-nxml
company-bbdb company-shell company-yasnippet company-robe
company-quickhelp company pcase yasnippet indent-guide
volatile-highlights autorevert filenotify diff-hl-flydiff diff diff-hl
vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher which-key projectile-rails rake f s
inflections inf-ruby ruby-mode smie projectile grep compile comint
ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs avy-flycheck avy flycheck-pos-tip
pos-tip flycheck json map find-func subr-x dash vc-git diff-mode
open-junk-file recentf tree-widget wid-edit editorconfig-core
editorconfig-core-handle editorconfig-fnmatch rainbow-mode ansi-color
color elisp-slime-nav etags xref project display-line-numbers goto-addr
cap-words superword subword symbol-overlay thingatpt
highlight-parentheses rainbow-delimiters fic-mode whitespace
editorconfig elec-pair persistent-scratch init-restore desktop frameset
init-prog init-web init-ruby init-python init-go init-c init-emacs-lisp
init-projectile init-flycheck init-vcs init-utils init-funcs init-org
hydra ring lv init-eshell init-shell init-window init-kill-ring
init-ibuffer init-highlight init-dired init-calendar init-yasnippet
init-company init-ivy init-edit init-ui cl-extra help-mode
spacemacs-dark-theme spacemacs-common init-basic exec-path-from-shell
init-package use-package diminish bind-key easy-mmode finder-inf edmacro
kmacro rx cl info advice package easymenu epg-config url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
cl-loaddefs cl-lib init-custom init-const time-date tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win
ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 736036 115972)
(symbols 48 55697 6)
(miscs 40 1872 3111)
(strings 32 219252 17123)
(string-bytes 1 5513915)
(vectors 16 110945)
(vector-slots 8 3508624 45049)
(floats 8 1104 801)
(intervals 56 18561 71)
(buffers 992 67))

--
Best Regards,
Vincent Zhang

Best Regards,
Vincent Zhang