Subject: Re: bug#29220: 26.0.90; eieio-persistent-read fail to restore saved object.

From: [email-masked] (Pierre Téchoueyres)
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2018 00:21:28 +0100

Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> [email-masked] (Pierre Téchoueyres) writes:
>
>> Hello Eric,
>> Any news on this fix ?
>
> Hey, sorry again this is taking so long. I wanted to run CEDET's test
> suite, as that seems to be the main library that relies on
> eieio-persistent, and I wanted to make sure it passed with these
> changes. I can't get CEDET to build on my machine, however (apparently
> Arch has a too-new version of ImageMagick, and CEDET won't build against
> it), and I haven't had any luck just faking it and running the tests
> themselves -- everything's too dependent on a successful build.
>
> I've only got two Arch machines to play with -- if anyone could
> successfully build and test CEDET using the fix/eieio-persistent branch,
> that would be very helpful...
>

I've been able to run the "itest-batch" and "utest-batch" from the CEDET
git repository (http://git.code.sf.net/p/cedet/git), but I don't know
how to interpret the results. Whatever the emacs version I use (25.3 or
26.0.91 + fix), I get errors. So I don't know what to check for the
fix/eieio-persistent branch.

> Eric
Pierre