Subject: bug#2920: emacs freezes because of lock files in samba server

From: Sergio Roa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 16:16:24 +0200

Just to add some information, which I sent already to 
[email-masked], because I didn't know how this bug system 
works...

I found that the source of the problem is the lock file for Samba 
directories:

A link in the client "aliena.dfki"

.#prueba.xml -> [email-masked]

is created and not deleted (in the server "pandion.dfki") after emacs 
quit. Therefore after the second and subsequent editions of the file 
emacs freezes.

-- 
Sergio Roa
http://www.dfki.de/~sroa
-------------------------------------------------------------
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Kuenstliche Intelligenz GmbH
Trippstadter Strasse 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern, Germany
* Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vors.)
                       Dr. Walter Olthoff
* Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313
-------------------------------------------------------------