Subject: bug#2920: emacs freezes because of lock files in samba server

From: Sergio Roa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 16:51:12 +0200

I found that in fact when I perform the command

rm .#prueba.xml

on the mounted directory in the client computer, the operating system 
tries to delete the file but it doesn't manage to delete it in the 
server... This behaviour only occurs with links to other files. For 
instance, I created a file "otraprueba.xml" which points to "prueba.xml" 
and then tried to delete it (working on the client computer), without 
success.

So, apparently it is a Mac OS or Samba problem.

-- 
Sergio Roa
http://www.dfki.de/~sroa
-------------------------------------------------------------
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Kuenstliche Intelligenz GmbH
Trippstadter Strasse 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern, Germany
* Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vors.)
                       Dr. Walter Olthoff
* Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313
-------------------------------------------------------------