Subject: Re: bug#29196: upstreaming of reproducibility related patches

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2017 19:08:21 +0100

ng0 writes:

> as I wrote in #29135, we should upstream the patches we
> gather for reproducibility. Share with upstream what is
> applicable to more software than just Guix included
> definitions of the software etc.

> We have no list for this so far
> We need to share this, to avoid duplicate work elsewhere.

What about the reproducible builds list?

    https://lists.reproducible-builds.org/listinfo/rb-general
    General discussions about reproducible builds <[email-masked]>

At the reproducible-builds summit last week in Berlin some work has been
done on the topic of upstreaming patches.  I think some effort has gone
(is going?) into a email template that starts by explaining what
reproducible-builds is, why it is important and why upstream should
consider taking the patch.

Greetings,
janneke

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org
Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com