Subject: bug#29192: 26.0.90; flymake-warning's default color might be inappropriate

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 02:25:24 +0300

Hi Stefan,

On 10.08.2020 19:25, Stefan Kangas wrote:
>> But AFAICT, the flymake-warnline face, previously, used DarkOrange (now
>> it's an obsolete alias). Flycheck also uses this color for warnings.
>>
>> Flymake's own fringe indicators (for warning) also use an orange color
>> by default, inheriting it from the `warning' face through
>> `compilation-warning'.
>>
>> So I think that flymake-warning should use it as well.
>>
>> The current blue is pretty and all, but it conveys an optimistic mood,
>> not something I would associate with a warning.
> Make sense.  Could you make that change?

Thank you for the response, but I have warmed up to this new color in 
the years since the change was made. Maybe not very indicative of being 
a warning, it is nevertheless more noticeable than DarkOrange.

Which is a nice property to have.

If you really like the suggestion, I welcome you to play with the color 
change a little. Otherwise, we can just close this.