Subject: Re: bug#29189: 25.3; Dired does not work with binary filenames

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2018 09:12:28 +0300

> From: Allen Li <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2018 17:31:14 -0700
> 
> I believe this bug was fixed in 26?

Yes.  I even sent a message to that effect at the time I pushed the
changes, but I see now that I goofed with the bug address, so neither
the message nor the instruction to close the bug made it to the bug
tracker.  Reproducing the important part below:

   > From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
   > Cc: Kenichi Handa <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
   > Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2018 17:16:30 -0500
   >
   > > I found that the alternative patch below solves the original problem
   > > without any changes needed in files.el, and without introducing any
   > > performance hits.  Does anyone see a problem with this proposed patch?
   >
   > [ With Andreas's adjustment]  It looks sane to me.

   I'd still want Handa-san's review of the patch, but I went ahead and
   pushed it to the emacs-26 branch, and I'm closing the bug.

Thanks for pointing out this blunder.