Subject: bug#29184: binutils 2.29 fails to set RUNPATH in gcc-cross-boot0

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2017 23:07:21 +0100

I tried to cherry-pick the binutils 2.29 update
(b0a14e5628eb56052f0c3d21a7b5375f5813b01d), but it breaks the
'validate-runpath' phase of gcc-cross-boot0:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
starting phase `validate-runpath'
validating RUNPATH of 8 binaries in "/gnu/store/ybh1ifgzs717mz5dp1pk2nrgakqg1l8x-gcc-cross-boot0-5.5.0/libexec"...
/gnu/store/ybh1ifgzs717mz5dp1pk2nrgakqg1l8x-gcc-cross-boot0-5.5.0/libexec/gcc/x86_64-guix-linux-gnu/5.5.0/cc1: error: depends on 'ld-linux-x86-64.so.2', which cannot be found in RUNPATH ()          
/gnu/store/ybh1ifgzs717mz5dp1pk2nrgakqg1l8x-gcc-cross-boot0-5.5.0/libexec/gcc/x86_64-guix-linux-gnu/5.5.0/cc1plus: error: depends on 'ld-linux-x86-64.so.2', which cannot be found in RUNPATH ()      
/gnu/store/ybh1ifgzs717mz5dp1pk2nrgakqg1l8x-gcc-cross-boot0-5.5.0/libexec/gcc/x86_64-guix-linux-gnu/5.5.0/collect2: error: depends on 'ld-linux-x86-64.so.2', which cannot be found in RUNPATH ()     
/gnu/store/ybh1ifgzs717mz5dp1pk2nrgakqg1l8x-gcc-cross-boot0-5.5.0/libexec/gcc/x86_64-guix-linux-gnu/5.5.0/lto-wrapper: error: depends on 'ld-linux-x86-64.so.2', which cannot be found in RUNPATH ()  
/gnu/store/ybh1ifgzs717mz5dp1pk2nrgakqg1l8x-gcc-cross-boot0-5.5.0/libexec/gcc/x86_64-guix-linux-gnu/5.5.0/lto1: error: depends on 'ld-linux-x86-64.so.2', which cannot be found in RUNPATH ()
validating RUNPATH of 9 binaries in "/gnu/store/ybh1ifgzs717mz5dp1pk2nrgakqg1l8x-gcc-cross-boot0-5.5.0/bin"...
/gnu/store/ybh1ifgzs717mz5dp1pk2nrgakqg1l8x-gcc-cross-boot0-5.5.0/bin/x86_64-guix-linux-gnu-c++: error: depends on 'ld-linux-x86-64.so.2', which cannot be found in RUNPATH ()
/gnu/store/ybh1ifgzs717mz5dp1pk2nrgakqg1l8x-gcc-cross-boot0-5.5.0/bin/x86_64-guix-linux-gnu-cpp: error: depends on 'ld-linux-x86-64.so.2', which cannot be found in RUNPATH ()
/gnu/store/ybh1ifgzs717mz5dp1pk2nrgakqg1l8x-gcc-cross-boot0-5.5.0/bin/x86_64-guix-linux-gnu-gcc: error: depends on 'ld-linux-x86-64.so.2', which cannot be found in RUNPATH ()
/gnu/store/ybh1ifgzs717mz5dp1pk2nrgakqg1l8x-gcc-cross-boot0-5.5.0/bin/x86_64-guix-linux-gnu-gcov: error: depends on 'ld-linux-x86-64.so.2', which cannot be found in RUNPATH ()
/gnu/store/ybh1ifgzs717mz5dp1pk2nrgakqg1l8x-gcc-cross-boot0-5.5.0/bin/x86_64-guix-linux-gnu-gcov-dump: error: depends on 'ld-linux-x86-64.so.2', which cannot be found in RUNPATH ()
/gnu/store/ybh1ifgzs717mz5dp1pk2nrgakqg1l8x-gcc-cross-boot0-5.5.0/bin/x86_64-guix-linux-gnu-gcov-tool: error: depends on 'ld-linux-x86-64.so.2', which cannot be found in RUNPATH ()
validating RUNPATH of 11 binaries in "/gnu/store/b5xfgxh3yqcy2y0sqaampyci1n88sgia-gcc-cross-boot0-5.5.0-lib/lib"...
/gnu/store/b5xfgxh3yqcy2y0sqaampyci1n88sgia-gcc-cross-boot0-5.5.0-lib/lib/gcc/x86_64-guix-linux-gnu/5.5.0/plugin/libcc1plugin.so: error: depends on 'libstdc++.so.6', which cannot be found in RUNPATH ()
/gnu/store/b5xfgxh3yqcy2y0sqaampyci1n88sgia-gcc-cross-boot0-5.5.0-lib/lib/libcc1.so: error: depends on 'libstdc++.so.6', which cannot be found in RUNPATH ()
phase `validate-runpath' failed after 0.1 seconds
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---