Subject: bug#29176: 26.0.90: [FLYMAKE] incorrect mode line indicator

From: [email-masked] (João Távora)
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2017 20:46:26 +0000

[email-masked] (Charles A. Roelli) writes:

> M-x find-library RET find-func RET
> M-x flymake-mode RET
>
> After some time, [0 0 5] shows up next to "Flymake" in the mode line,
> indicating 0 errors/warnings and 5 "notes".
>
> Now type an open parenthesis.  The mode line shows "Flymake[1 0]".
> Undo the change, and it then shows "Flymake[0 0]".  Why does it not
> show "[0 0 5]" as before?  If you toggle flymake-mode off and then on
> again, it fixes the issue temporarily.

The function checkdoc-current-buffer may error if there are unbalanced
parens, for example, but this shouldn't disable the
elisp-flymake-checkdoc backend.

Fixed in 72e62d3fdb2b24dd9808f49fbbd864715337d2bf.

Thanks,
João