Subject: bug#29176: closed (Re: bug#29176: 26.0.90: [FLYMAKE] incorrect mode line indicator)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2017 20:47:03 +0000

Your bug report

#29176: 26.0.90: [FLYMAKE] incorrect mode line indicator

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
29176: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=29176
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#29176: 26.0.90: [FLYMAKE] incorrect mode line indicator
From: [email-masked] (João Távora)
To: [email-masked] (Charles A. Roelli)
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2017 20:46:26 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

[email-masked] (Charles A. Roelli) writes:

> M-x find-library RET find-func RET
> M-x flymake-mode RET
>
> After some time, [0 0 5] shows up next to "Flymake" in the mode line,
> indicating 0 errors/warnings and 5 "notes".
>
> Now type an open parenthesis.  The mode line shows "Flymake[1 0]".
> Undo the change, and it then shows "Flymake[0 0]".  Why does it not
> show "[0 0 5]" as before?  If you toggle flymake-mode off and then on
> again, it fixes the issue temporarily.

The function checkdoc-current-buffer may error if there are unbalanced
parens, for example, but this shouldn't disable the
elisp-flymake-checkdoc backend.

Fixed in 72e62d3fdb2b24dd9808f49fbbd864715337d2bf.

Thanks,
João

Subject: 26.0.90: [FLYMAKE] incorrect mode line indicator
From: [email-masked] (Charles A. Roelli)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2017 09:43:25 -1100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

M-x find-library RET find-func RET
M-x flymake-mode RET

After some time, [0 0 5] shows up next to "Flymake" in the mode line,
indicating 0 errors/warnings and 5 "notes".

Now type an open parenthesis.  The mode line shows "Flymake[1 0]".
Undo the change, and it then shows "Flymake[0 0]".  Why does it not
show "[0 0 5]" as before?  If you toggle flymake-mode off and then on
again, it fixes the issue temporarily.