Subject: bug#29175: closed (Re: bug#29175: 26.0.90; Nitpicking issue with flymake-show-diagnostics-buffer)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2017 20:38:04 +0000

Your bug report

#29175: 26.0.90; Nitpicking issue with flymake-show-diagnostics-buffer

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
29175: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=29175
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#29175: 26.0.90; Nitpicking issue with flymake-show-diagnostics-buffer
From: [email-masked] (João Távora)
To: Lele Gaifax <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2017 20:37:38 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Lele Gaifax <[email-masked]> writes:

> Maybe a better way would be explicitly sort the result of
> `flymake--diagnostics-buffer-entries',

I think this is the preferred option, which I just commited in
b28de574112991bfd2234989d080e54f565a549c.

Thanks,
João

Subject: 26.0.90; Nitpicking issue with flymake-show-diagnostics-buffer
From: Lele Gaifax <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2017 20:29:35 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I'm resending this as a bug instead of a post to emacs-devel.

I notice that the entries in the the diagnostics buffer may be in random
order, not sure if that is because the way flymake--overlays collects the
issues, or something else.

The easiest way to fix the problem is to set `tabulated-list-sort-key' in the
`flymake-diagnostics-buffer-mode' definition, although that may still suffer
of not sorting the entries by (line, col): does tabulated-mode support
multi-column ordering?

Maybe a better way would be explicitly sort the result of
`flymake--diagnostics-buffer-entries', possibly there is some trick in the
cl-loop macro?

Or something else?

Thanks&bye, lele.
-- 
nickname: Lele Gaifax | Quando vivrò di quello che ho pensato ieri
real: Emanuele Gaifas | comincerò ad aver paura di chi mi copia.
[email-masked]  |                 -- Fortunato Depero, 1929.