Subject: bug#29170: 26.0.90; Emacs freezes when capturing an org-template

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2021 14:31:34 +0200

Grégoire Jadi <[email-masked]> writes:

> So we think it is safe to backport this change upstream.

[...]

>    dnl SIGIO exists, but the feature doesn't work in the way Emacs needs.
> -  hpux* | nacl | openbsd | solaris | unixware )
> +  hpux* | nacl | solaris | unixware )

Thanks; I've now applied this to Emacs 28.

> Please note that the real issue is not fixed.  The issue is in the
> broken SIGIO code itself.  I was able to reproduce the bug by enabling
> emacs_broken_SIGIO on Ubuntu LTS 20.04.  I didn't take the time to find
> a fix though.

The remaining operating systems that uses the broken_SIGIO code paths
are pretty obscure -- I guess Solaris is still used to some degree.

Hm, let's see...  I guess the code paths that are exercised are the ones
where USABLE_SIGIO is undefined?  Do you have a simple test case for
this (on Ubuntu, for instance)?  I think it might make sense to open a
new bug report for this.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no