Subject: bug29170

From: graeme vetterlein <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 11:55:14 +0100

In case it's of any help tracking this down.

I have never, previously, seen this behaviour in 30+ years or Emacs use.

I am running Buster. I recently switched from cinnamon to Xfce as 
desktop manager, the issue now appears about 10% of the time when I exit 
Emacs (e.g via closing the window using X decoration, or C-x C-c )

Message reads:

Saving clipboard to X clipboard manager...

An that Emacs session NEVER exits:

GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.5) of 
2021-01-31, modified by Debian

$ uname -a
Linux real 4.19.0-16-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.181-1 (2021-03-19) x86_64 
GNU/Linux

$ cat /etc/*release*
PRETTY_NAME="Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)"
NAME="Debian GNU/Linux"
VERSION_ID="10"
VERSION="10 (buster)"
VERSION_CODENAME=buster
ID=debian
HOME_URL="https://www.debian.org/"
SUPPORT_URL="https://www.debian.org/support"
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugs.debian.org/"--

$ cat /etc/*version*
10.9
cat: /etc/subversion: Is a directory

AFYI: the Emacs sessions are 100% (looks to be user) CPU  and Xorg is 
high on the iotop list

-- 

Graeme