Subject: bug#29170: Infinite loop noticed on Emacs in OpenBSD

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2017 15:44:18 +0100

[email-masked] (Grégoire Jadi) writes:

> Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>
> Hello Manuel,
>
> Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay.

Same :-)

>> Here is a patch against HEAD to avoid the hang in infinite loop. The
>> 'x-selection-timeout' pause will still be there even with this patch.
>
> I've tested your patch on emacs-25-3.1 and it does prevent the infinite
> loop. However, if the user sends input to emacs while it is waiting, it
> raises the following backtrace :

Ok. There seems to be ongoing work on wait_reading_process_output:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2017-11/threads.html#00037

So it might be urgent to wait and see what happens on OpenBSD after this
work is done. What you think?
-- 
Manuel Giraud