Subject: Re: bug#29165: 26.0.90; can't use some code byte-compiled under emacs 24

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2018 18:04:23 +0200

> From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2018 17:10:17 -0500
> Cc: Ken Raeburn <[email-masked]>, Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>,
> 	Philipp Stephani <[email-masked]>, [email-masked],
> 	Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
> 
> I probably should have got around to this before 26.0.91, but I think
> this should still go to emacs-26 because the patch makes the behaviour
> closer to what was in v25.

Is it important enough to justify one more pretest, after 26.0.91, and
delay the release by a few more weeks?  Because that's what would be
needed if we install this on the release branch.

Besides, this change was introduced more than a year ago, and we did
that in clear understanding that it changes behavior.  So "closer to
Emacs 25" doesn't sound like a convincing argument in this case,
because we gave up that similarity up front.

Your call.