Subject: bug#29156: 25.3; eshell/kill does not understand -<signal>, [PATCH] Make eshell/kill handle -<signal> and -<SIGNALNAME>

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2018 10:43:04 -0400

[forwarding to list, please use "Reply All" to keep [email-masked] on Cc]

Subject: Re: bug#29156: 25.3; eshell/kill does not understand -<signal>, [PATCH] Make eshell/kill handle -<signal> and -<SIGNALNAME>
From: Eric Skoglund <[email-masked]>
To: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2018 15:11:41 +0100

Thanks for the review!

> More importantly, could you explain a bit how your change works/why it's
> correct?

I'm guessing you mean in the commit message and not here in the bug
report right?

> Not sure this `make-symbol' call, should it rather be `intern'?  (Maybe
> we should update signal-process take a string as well a symbol.)

Saw that Eli also agreed, for future reference when do we want to use
`make-symbol` vs `intern`?

> I think the args have already been converted to numbers, or did you mean
> to also add a (put 'eshell/kill 'eshell-no-numeric-conversions t)?

Yes indeed. I'm unsure how I managed to lose that in git...

// Eric