Subject: Re: bug#29149: Tramp shell uses local shell setting in windows

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 13:30:34 +0100

Shuguang Sun <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thanks Micahel,

Hi Shuguang,

> Now it works!

Thanks for testing. So I mark this bug as closed.

>     > 1.2 the default directory for read-file-name is better to use
>     > (file-remote-p default-directory) "/" than default-directory
>     > "/path/path/..."
>
>     I don't see why. Could you pls explain?
>
> If we well set the shell via connection-local-set-profile-variables
> which measn there is explicit-shell-file-name, it will not prompt the
> directory. 
>
> For example as in the manual:
>   (connection-local-set-profile-variables
>    'remote-bash
>    '((explicit-shell-file-name . "/bin/bash")
>      (explicit-bash-args . ("-i"))
>      ))

Hmm. I still don't understand why you want to change
default-directory. Or do you want to say it doesn't matter, when
explicit-shell-file-name is set?

And even in case there is no explicit-shell-file-name set,
read-file-name shall work as expected with the existing default-directory.

Best regards, Michael.